Updated Feb 9, 2019
- the information that we gather from you,
- how we use and share this information,
- the rights and choices you have regarding this information,
- the steps we take to protect this information,
- the limitations of this Policy regarding third party websites and content,
- how we transfer your information,
- how we may change this Policy, and
- how you may contact us.
Information CollectedInformation We Collect on the Cheerble Products and Services
- User-provided Information. When you use Cheerble Products and Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and payment information (if you use Cheerble Products and Services to engage in purchases or financial transactions). You may provide us with information in various ways when using Cheerble Products and Services. For example, you provide us with information when you register for a Cheerble account, use Cheerble Products and Services, submit credentials or other information for account verification, or send us customer service-related requests using Cheerble Products and Services or other means of communication.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain Cheerble Products and Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of Cheerble Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. Cheerble does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Cheerble Products and Services.
- Device-Related and Use-Related Information. When you use Cheerble Products and Services, you will provide us with information relating to (i) your Cheerble Product or Service, your non-Cheerble device on which the Cheerble Product or Service is used (including computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access Cheerble Products and Services), and your photos or videos that you upload using Cheerble Products and Services. This information may include: (i) information about your non-Cheerble device (including your device ID, hardware version, and operating system); (ii) information about your Cheerble device (including the model and serial number of your device); (iii) geolocation data relating to your non-Cheerble device and Cheerble device and any photo or video you submitted using Cheerble Products and Services; (iv) information about any photo or video recorded, including the name of the video file, the length of the video, EXIF data relating to the photo or video, and the photo or video data itself; (v) other technical information, including the IP address used by your non-Cheerble device and use record data; and (vi) data associated with your Cheerble account.
- Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may display third-party content on or through Cheerble Products and Services, including third-party advertising. We also may enable you to connect your Cheerble account to, or otherwise interface with, third party services, including third party social networks and communications services. In addition, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by Cheerble. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than Cheerble Products and Services, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties.
Uses of Collected InformationHow We Use the Information We Collect We use information we collect through Cheerble Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the Cheerble Products and Services and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect through Cheerble Products and Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Cheerble Products and Services, to verify and manage Cheerble user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to by Cheerble.
- We use the information that we collect through Cheerble Products and Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Cheerble Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your information to contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing (where you have consented) purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We will ask for your consent to send you marketing communications. You may withdraw your consent at any time and we will no longer send you marketing communications.
- We may use information we collect to: (i) personalize Cheerble Products and Services; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information (where you have consented); (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Cheerble Products and Services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) review your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities involving Cheerble Products and Services (where you have consented).
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings; or
- the use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or the legitimate interests of one or more of our affiliates).
- We may share your information with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries globally in order to provide you with Cheerble product and services.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to upload to a publicly accessible site or venue using Cheerble Products and Services, or that you elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, hosting, maintenance, environment data, account verification, and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Cheerble Products and Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Cheerble Products and Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Cheerble uses a third party verification service provider to verify certain users of Cheerble Products and Services and Cheerble may disclose information to this service provider. The service provider may retain credential information provided as part of account verification for compliance and other purposes and may provide such information, as well as your user login ID or email address, to government authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other duly authorized parties as may be required by or permitted under applicable laws. We require this service provider by contract to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
- Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through Cheerble Products and Services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of Cheerble Products and Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of Cheerble Products and Services.
- the country that we send the information to might be approved by the European Commission;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your information; or
- where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your information.
Data SecurityWe use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards. International Visitors and Users Cheerble Products and Services may connect to servers hosted in the United States, China, and Hong Kong, where applicable. If you choose to use Cheerble Products and Services from the European Union or other regions of the world, then please note that you may be transferring your information outside of those regions for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S., China, and Hong Kong to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and providing the services associated with Cheerble Products and Services. By providing your information on or through Cheerble Products or Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Policy Changes and UpdatesChanges and Updates to this Policy Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the Cheerble Products and Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of Cheerble Products and Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy. Our Contact Information Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shenzhen Cheerble Co., Ltd. Address: 10-103, 10/F CCSS, 3331 Zhongxin Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518000, China.
- Recover your lost account;
- Recognize use of public computers and notify to reduce your risk of data theft;
- Understand your interaction with our Products and Services, and those of our partners.