Updated July 31, 2018
This Policy describes:
- the information that we gather from you,
- how we use and share this information,
- the rights and choices you have regarding this information,
- the steps we take to protect this information,
- the limitations of this Policy regarding third party websites and content,
- how we transfer your information,
- how we may change this Policy, and
- how you may contact us.
Information We Collect on the Cheerble Products and Services
- User-provided Information. When you use Cheerble Products and Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and payment information (if you use Cheerble Products and Services to engage in purchases or financial transactions). You may provide us with information in various ways when using Cheerble Products and Services. For example, you provide us with information when use Cheerble Products and Services, submit credentials or other information for account verification, upload or share photos or videos on or through Cheerble Products and Services, or send us customer service-related requests using Cheerble Products and Services or other means of communication.
- User-provided Information About Others. We may also collect and store information about other people that you or other users provide to us. For example, messages (such as invitations to comment on videos or photos, use Cheerble Products and Services, or participate an event) through Cheerble Products and Services, we may store information about you and information relating to each such recipient. Please note, under such circumstances, you should obtain appropriate consent from others and inform them about this Policy.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain Cheerble Products and Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of Cheerble Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Cheerble does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Cheerble Products and Services.
- We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology. This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use Cheerble Products and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
- Device-Related Information. When you use Cheerble Products and Services, you may provide us with information relating to your Cheerble Product or Service, your non-Cheerble device on which the Cheerble Product or Service is used (including phones, or other devices where you install or access Cheerble Products and Services).This information may include information about your non-Cheerble device (including your device ID, hardware version, the device IP address and operating system).
- Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons.We may display third-party content on or through Cheerble Products and Services, including third-party advertising. We also may enable you to interface with third party services, including third party social networks and communications services. In addition, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by Cheerble. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than Cheerble Products and Services, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties.
Uses of Collected Information
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect through Cheerble Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the Cheerble Products and Services and operating our business. We will ensure that the use of information is generally required under the user agreements we have with you, or is in our legitimate interest as part of the Cheerble Products and Services we provide, or is with your consent. The use of information that we collect includes the following:
- We use the information that we collect through Cheerble Products and Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Cheerble Products and Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time by Cheerble.
- We use the information that we collect through Cheerble Products and Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Cheerble Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. We will process your personal data in accordance with your preferences, which are expressed via Cheerble Products and Services.
- We may use your information to contact you for administrative and informational purposes, including for customer service. We may send direct marketing such as communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. If you are an individual or consumer we will only send you direct marketing with your consent or as permitted by applicable law. You may send unsubscribe requests or withdraw your consent at any time.
- We may use information we collect to: (i) personalize Cheerble Products and Services; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Cheerble Products and Services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) review your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities involving Cheerble Products and Services. Where we do not do this with anonymized or aggregated data we will process the data in connection with the user agreement or where it is in our legitimate interest or where you have provided consent and where you have not objected or withdrawn any prior consent given.
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose your information that we collect through Cheerble Products and Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries globally in order to provide you with Cheerble Products and Services.
- We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose, the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activities, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Cheerble Products and Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Cheerble Products and Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
- Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through Cheerble Products and Services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of Cheerble Products and Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iv) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of Cheerble Products and Services.
Rights Regarding Collected Information
Your Rights and Choices you have regarding this information
You have the right to object to the processing of your information or to withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you. Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten,” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of Cheerble Products and Services.
If you wish to access or amend any other information we hold about you or exercise any other rights you have under applicable data protection law, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data; Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Cheerble Products and Services are not directed to children under the age of 8. Children under 8 years of age (containing) shall be under the permission and guidance of their legal guardians, to use our products or services.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the Cheerble Products and Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Limited by applicable laws, your continued use of Cheerble Products and Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Retention of Your Information
We retain your information to provide service to you, or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We aim to retain your information only for the period necessary to fulfil our obligations under this Policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at email@example.com.